Stovepipe Thermometer Types and Usage Video
Proudly Serving the Greater Victoria BC Area – Saanich, Saanichton, North Saanich, Sidney, Sooke, East Sooke, Metchosin, Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal, Esquimalt, Oak Bay British Columbia.
Our Stovepipe Thermometer Types Video
The objective of wood heating is to effectively manage the heat so the heat stays in the stove/room rather than go up the chimney, however the chimney has to stay hot enough to allow gasses to exit without condensing and forming creosote on the walls of the flue
Magnetic Single Wall Stovepipe Thermometer
The Most Common stove pipe thermometer is magnetic and works well on Single Wall Stove Pipe. This type cost about $30 – 40 and are readily available in hardware or building supply stores.
Click to Purchase $35 plus $10 S&H
Combination Stove Pipe or Stove Top Thermometer
A similar Type is the stove top which you can use on the stove top itself with a different calibration.
It usually has two calibrations – one for the stove top and one to be read if used as a stove pipe thermometer.
Click to Purchase $45 Canadian plus $10 S&H
Probe Type Stove Pipe Thermometer for Double Wall Chimney
There is a probe type wood stovepipe thermometer that works with Double Wall Stove Pipe cost about $50 – 60. They have to be drilled through the stovepipe and are a bit harder to install.
We have a Digital Readout Thermometer that costs $199 and can be installed quite easily, it is great for fireplace inserts where the liner is usually not seen. This type also has an overfire alarm which alerts you if the fire starts to run away on itself.
Roland von Schellwitz, B.Eng
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
10 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Trained by the late Dean Brandhagen, Master Tradesman ( Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician)
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional System Advisor, Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Engineering graduate: Systems Engineering UVic, 2004
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $160
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $160 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $160
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $160
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $160 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters
Visit My Website http://flue.guru