Waterproofing Brickwork Chimneys
Brick Paver Sealer Concrete Chimney Sealing
We all know that the roof is the most vulnerable part of a property. It has to endure all the elements and the sheer size of it leaves it at a high risk of being damaged. This is why we contact roofing companies like Red Canyon Roofing (Learn More about them here) to check for damages and replace shingles after storms hit. However, no one really thinks about what they can do to help protect a property’s chimney which can also be damaged by the elements. This is why we’re going to be talking about sealants in today’s article.
Waterproofing brickwork with concrete sealers which are coatings applied to concrete to protect it from erosion. They either block the pores in the concrete to reduce absorption of water and salts or form an impermeable layer which prevents such materials from passing.
Concrete sealing protects against erosion from rain water and protects the surface against oil and salt attack. Sealed concrete aids in keeping surfaces cleaner between washings, it repels water and impedes algae production.
Benefits of Brick Paver and Concrete Driveway Sealing and Waterproofing Brickwork
- Prevents aging or erosion of the surfaces due to regular cleaning maintenance
- Protects against the potential for surface cracking due to freezing-thawing of moisture in your masonry surface.
- Makes the surface easier to clean
Types Of Brick Paver and Concrete Surfaces We Seal
We primarily seal chimneys, driveways, sidewalks, patios, retaining walls and paving stone. The surfaces that benefit most from sealing are exposed aggregate, regular concrete, and brick.
Type of Concrete Sealants
Depending on the surface requirements and your preferences, we choose the sealant that is most appropriate. If you want to learn more about which concrete sealer you should buy, check out Seal With Ease for reviews and tips. The two types of high-grade water repellent sealants to choose from are. It might also be useful to read some paver sealer reviews to get a better understanding of what is on the market that can help maintain your patterned brickwork.
- natural and transparent, non-slip finish, solvent base
- shiny “glazed” finish, acrylic based.
- Based on the sealant chosen, flat surface protection can last between 2-5 years. You can find sealants for the job here.
- Or our favorite Earth Friendly Product which penetrates deeply into concrete and masonry pores and gives up to 15 years service
Waterproofing Brickwork and Stone Chimneys
Based on the sealant chosen, flat surface protection can last between 2-5 years. Our water based sealant can last on vertical for 10 – 15 years.
Roland von Schellwitz, B.Eng
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
10 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Trained by the late Dean Brandhagen, Master Tradesman ( Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician)
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional System Advisor, Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Engineering graduate: Systems Engineering UVic, 2004
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
? Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $180
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $180 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $180
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $180
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $180 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters