Wood Stoves Victoria BC Area
There a a great many wood stoves Victoria BC where good quality firewood is abundant and reasonably priced.
The most popular wood stove systems that we see as WETT inspectors, Chimney sweeps and Wood Heat Installers are Pacific Energy and Regency. We also see many older Osburn Units that still are giving good service,
Services We Offer
- Inspection of existing wood burning systems
- Cleaning and Chimney Repairs
- Installing Chimneys, Chimney liners, Stoves Stovepipes
- Sealing up and Decommissioning unused systems
Servicing a wood stove
Installing a Used Wood Stove
- Although it is possible to install a used wood stove, the stove must be EPA Certified (Environmental Protection Agency) in order to be installed
- The EPA certification label is on the stove’s Information Label – be sure to check before you buy that bargain online. An old ULC or CSA sticker on the stove means nothing when it is associated with a new installation.
- Similarly, a UL or Warnock Hersey sticker also means nothing unless the label also states ULC S 627 and EPA approved to be legally installed in British Columbia.
This is important because we get calls daily from people who have purchased a used non code compliant stove somewhere which is not able to fit the re-install criteria.
We find this safety railing a good thing if you have small children. Note it is not to be used to keep the pile of flammable newspapers in like this one apparently was 🙂 However, if you are looking for fuel for your wood stove you might want to check out somewhere that sells bulk pellets as they can be a more reliable source of fuel than newspapers.
If you’re seriously considering a wood furnace installation in your home, click here to find out what your best options are at this moment, according to Architecture Republic.
Our Video about Installing High Temperature Chimney to Vent Your Stove
Call us for all your wood stove servicing needs.
Firewood Moisture Meters
Burning Wet Wood Creates Creosote which Causes Chimney Fires
We carry a supply of reasonably priced moisture meters on our service vehicle.
Roland von Schellwitz, B.Eng
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
10 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Trained by the late Dean Brandhagen, Master Tradesman ( Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician)
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional System Advisor, Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Engineering graduate: Systems Engineering UVic, 2004
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
? Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $200
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $200 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $200
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $200
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $200 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters
Visit My Website https://flue.guru