Roland’s late mentor, Dean Brandhagen Past Clientele – Flue Guru References
Dean had a wealth of business and trade experience to make certain your project got completed – on budget and on time!
Ciba Geigy – Commercial office Tank Farm and plant Renovations
Air Canada – De-icer tank foundations
Transport Canada – Regina Airport repairs to car rental kiosks.
Ground Engineering – Masonry Warehouse Building, Underpinning and Epoxy Repair Contractor on Many Projects
Kalium Chemicals Potash Mine – Concrete maintenance and upkeep.
Sask Tel – 36 Site Buildings and other renovations to various spaces
Sask Power – Various Renovations
SGI (Saskatchewan Govenment Insurance) – Numerous insurance claims
Federal Pioneer Electric – Major PCB spill cleanup – site services contractor.
Burns Hanley Church Supplies – Take down Old House and Build New Commercial Office building
Canada Wire, Weyburn – Plant renovations, Foundations for heavy equipment.
Modular Storage Systems Inc – Mini warehouse buildings
Cobb Cabinets Building – initial renovation from warehouse to office building.
Weyburn Co-op – Addition to premises
Regina Airport – Renovations to second floor area
Co-op Refinery and Heavy Oil Upgrader – Masonry repairs and re-pointing. Chimney Stack repairs
QuAppelle Apartments – ongoing heritage maintenance and upkeep.
Somerset Properties – ongoing maintenance and upkeep.
Moose Jaw Casino – New Steel Casino Building
Extendicare – various additions, renovations and maintenance contracts on Regina, Moose Jaw and Saskatoon facilities
Campeau Corporation – Golden Mile Centre Concrete Maintenance
Safeway – Albert & 25th – Fieldstone work
Home Depot – Outdoor Racking
Roberts Properties – Repairs and maintenance, condo concrete replacements.
Roberts Group – Commercial Renovations
The Balfour Apartments – renovations to various condo suites.
The Mayfair Apartments – Chimney stack replacement and masonry pointing.
Gabriel Dumont Institute – Renovations
Waste Management – Repairs to damages done by their trucks to buildings, masonry and concrete structures
Greer Court Housing- renovate flat roofs to sloped roofs
Gabriel Housing Corp- Renovations and repairs.
Enercon Homes – Hi Tech Energy Conservation – Framing, repairs and warranty work.
Cairns / Homes by Dundee – warranty foundation repairs.
CP Rail – bridge repairs
Via Rail – Renovate complete station.
Denro Building Management – Concrete, masonry repairs and site work
Fennel Properties – Renovations to Old City Hall Mall, South Albert Mall, Regina Home Care and other various properties.
plus many more…
Stores and Retail
Mary Jane’s Boutique – renovations
Second Season – renovations
Mary Janes Boutique – Renovations to store
Astrin’s Attic – repairs and renovations
Zach’s Deli – store renovations
Build a Bear – set up store fixtures
Old World Meats – Renovations
Hillybilly Vac Shack – Addition to the back of the shack. 🙂
Canada Book – Repairs and suite renovations.
plus many more….
Restaurants and B&B’s
Smitty’s – Swift Current Mall location built entire restaurant
Abstractions Cafe – addition to cyber cafe
Peking House – Various ongoing renovations
Shanghai Noodle House – renovations
Quality Tea Rooms – Renovations and maintenance
Gingerbread Cottage Bed & Breakfast – Victoria BC website development, renovations, Chimneys, wood heat
Beaconsfield Inn – Renovations and Repairs
Marketa’s Bed and Breakfast – Repairs and Renovations
The Arts Cafe – renovations
Viet Thai (Embassy Cafe) – interior stonework
Albert Albert’s Night Club – brick veneer face on Building
Sahara Nights Night Club – brick and stone signage
Enjoy Gardens (Park and Vic) – Renovations
Kowloon Restaurant – Renovations
Bonanza Restaurant – glazed brick behind grilles
Dairy Queen – masonry repairs
Burger King – masonry repairs
Earls Victoria BC- Ongoing repairs
plus many more….
Dr Roy Katz Dental Office – addition and ongoing renovations
Zawislak & Zawislak Law Office – Renovations and ongoing maintenance, website development
Cherry Hill Developments – renovations and repairs, website development
Kraus McKay Law Firm – renovations to offices and residences.
Enercon – Office renovations
Regina Homecare – Office renovations
Sandcastle Daycare – Addition to facility
NAC House – Schoenthal-Herman Centre – alcoholism treatment facility new office and residence building in Regina
plus many more….
Governments, Churches, Schools and Institutions:
RCMP – Regina Training Academy – misc. concrete and masonry repairs – Large Brick Veneer project for Office addition
RCMP Punnichy Division – Office and lockup renovations
VIA Rail – Regina Depot Renovations
Regina City Police Station – Ceramic Floor Tile installation
St Paul’s Cathedral – Stonework repairs and restoration, chimney stack restoration, excavation of crawl space for new storage space.
PFRA – Swift Current area contract services
Agriculture Canada – Signage across Southern Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Provincial Lab – Repair chimney stack for Incinerator
City of Regina – Chimney stack rebuilding and various contract services.
Sask Liquor Board – Masonry repairs and contract services
Sask Property Management – various contract services
Regina Housing – office space renovations
Fine Arts Building – University of Alberta Edmonton – masonry
Campbell Collegiate – Repointing entire school masonry after leveling Project
Turner Lake School – Install jacked in Underpinning Piles to raise interior sunken area
Pioneer Village Old Folks Home – masonry on 8 storey building
Free Methodist Church – Fireplace and addition
Arlington Beach Methodist Camp – Masonry Block Foundation for new facility structure.
Ducks Unlimited – concrete watershed gates and spillways for nature refuge.
plus many more ….
Roland von Schellwitz, B.Eng
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
10 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Trained by the late Dean Brandhagen, Master Tradesman ( Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician)
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional System Advisor, Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Engineering graduate: Systems Engineering UVic, 2004
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $180
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $180 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $180
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $180
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $180 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters
Visit My Website https://flue.guru