WETT Certified Chimney Sweep Victoria BC Area
Proudly Serving the Greater Victoria BC Area – Saanich, Saanichton, North Saanich, Sidney, Sooke, East Sooke, Metchosin, Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal, Esquimalt, Oak Bay British Columbia.
Chimney Sweep Victoria BC – Dean Brandhagen Chimney Services -can provide WETT Certified Site Basic Inspections of Wood Burning Appliances for Insurance, Permits and Peace of Mind.
Nothing is nicer than a warm wood fire.
– WETT Certified Wood Heating Systems Consultations
– Smoke and Stack Effect Draft Problems, House depressurization, Location planning
We use state of the Art Chimney Sweep Tools:
Here is a comparison of old style sweeping tools and brushes and our new power sweeping equipment which is much better for liners and steel chimneys as well as cleaning the various sizes of masonry flues much better!
– WETT Certified Wood Heating Appliance
– Wood Burning Stoves Installations, Inspections and Repairs
– Wood Burning Fireplace Inserts Installations, Inspections and Repairs
– All types of Wood Burning Chimneys and Chimney Liner Replacements and Installations
– WETT Certified Repairs of fireplaces, wood burning appliances and chimneys.
– Removals and Decommissioning of unwanted Appliances or Chimneys
– WETT Certified Chimney Sweep
– annual service contracts
– flue deglazing
– Chimney Fire Inspections and Chimney Restorations
Firewood Moisture Meters
We can also check your wood Pile for proper moisture content
OUR LOCAL AND DISTANCE CONSULTATION, SECOND OPINION, PRE INSPECTION ADVISORY SERVICES
Interprovincial Red Seal Bricklayer Status
Who better than a Mason to troubleshoot or Repair a wood burning system?
Chimney System Troubleshooting
Do you have specific Smoke Problems, Chimney or Wood Burning System questions or Idea?
- Local Victoria Area, BC, Canada, US or International Consultations
- A quick consultation could save a larger problem down the road...
Roland von Schellwitz
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
12 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Systems Engineering Graduate, HVAC and building automation control systems developer.
- Trained in trades by Dean Brandhagan, a Master Tradesman – Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $125
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $125 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $125
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $125
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $125 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed Starting at $2995.00
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed Starting at $1995.00
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters
Visit My Website http://flue.guru