Installing a Chimney Roof Brace Support on Chimney
Proudly Serving the Greater Victoria BC Area – Saanich, Saanichton, North Saanich, Sidney, Sooke, East Sooke, Metchosin, Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal, Esquimalt, Oak Bay British Columbia.
Here is our video about us installing a chimney roof brace support on a Stainless Steel Factory Built Metal Chimney Chimneys take a lot of wind force when wind gusts unpredictably around roof lines and it is prudent to provide support braces a proper heights to prevent wind damages.
A metal roof brace will typically start at $280 installed depending on roof accessibility and safety requirements
The rule for Chimney roof brace installation is if the chimney extends over 5′ past roof it needs a brace
- “All Factory Built chimneys over five feet above roof require a roof brace.”
- Setting your mounting bracket into a bed of fresh silicone or tar and drilling your lag bolt through it will provide a leak proof connection, anything that penetrates the roof membrane is important to seal to prevent future leaks. Tip: Clear silicone resists UV longest.
Installing a Roof Brace on Tall Brick Chimney
This House is very cute and the super tall chimney is its main feature, but it was too scary with just one brace. We added two complimentary side braces to the chimney to increase stability in a storm and also to increase confidence in the gorgeous structure for the new owners.
Visit our YouTube Channel For More Videos
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
45 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Master Tradesman – Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional System Advisor, Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $125
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $125 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $125
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $125
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $125 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed Starting at $2995.00
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed Starting at $1995.00
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters
Visit My Website http://flue.guru