Chimney Repair Stucco Victoria BC Area
Why Stucco on a Chimney Deteriorates
Stucco deterioration on a masonry chimney is usually caused by water getting into the structure through a crack in the crown or improper flashing. .
This water is then absorbed into the masonry and soaks up behind the stucco, then a little frost just pops the layers apart. After a few seasons this becomes visual and the stucco is blamed as poor quality or something when the hidden culprit is actually the cracked cap.
A chimney repair usually consists of removing any loose materials, repairing underlying spalled brick and reapplying matching stucco. If you notice loose material on your chimney, check out chimney repairs bristol to get it fixed as soon as possible.
We then add a crown flashing with a drip edge and some rain caps to stop future water from entering and destroying the chimney again.
We then apply an Elastomeric Coating to seal off the chimney face and make everything the same color.
We also use various methods of epoxy injection repairs when required or suitable. These can save a lot of money as compared to replacing expensive concrete caps or crowns..
Here is another example of the same type of repairs using Stainless Steel rain caps on Traditional Chimney Pots
Here is one of our Videos about Stucco Chimney Repair
Here is another video showing our stucco chimney repair methods
Here is still another stucco chimney repair method
Elastomeric coatings are a thick rubberized latex paints used especially for outdoor masonry, they go on thick and make a great water seal as well as adding to the curb appeal of an outdated chimney.
Another Video showing the value added method of our chimney repairs
Call us for a free Estimate for your chimney repair for all types of chimneys.
Roland von Schellwitz, B. Eng
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
10 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Trained by the late Dean Brandhagen, Master Tradesman ( Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician)
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional System Advisor, Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Engineering graduate: Systems Engineering UVic, 2004
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
? Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $140
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $140 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $140
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $140
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $140 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed Starting at $2995.00
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed Starting at $1995.00
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters
Visit My Website http://flue.guru