Chimney Repairs Victoria BC Area
Proudly Serving the Greater Victoria BC Area – Saanich, Saanichton, North Saanich, Sidney, Sooke, East Sooke, Metchosin, Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal, Esquimalt, Oak Bay British Columbia.
Chimney Cleaning Time!
Chimney Top Restorations in Victoria BC
- Concrete or Masonry Chimney Crowns are always Cracked and soaking water into the main chimney structure causing the mortar to fail and the whole structure to deteriorate…
- We repair the crown cracks with epoxy, sealants or mortar and custom make a crown flashing with a drip edge to drain away rainwater and acidic creosote mixtures and protect the chimney from any further deterioration.
- Then we seal off and unused flues, add rain caps or top dampers (like this photo) repoint any bad mortar joints and water proof the structure with a high tech nano waterseal.
- The result is a chimney restoration that is good for at least 35 years as opposed to ordinary repointing jobs that look the same in 5 -10 years.
- All this for a fraction of a rebuilding cost.
Whether you need a major wood burning system install, chimney repair or refurbishing or just a cleaning and an inspection… Give us a Call!
Here is our Video of one of our recent Chimney Repairs Victoria BC
- Chimney had many stains on it from previous attempts at repointing which we cleaned up nicely.
- Tall chimney required some added roof braces to stabilize it properly.
- Both chimney crowns were repaired and Custom Crown Flashings with drip Edges to preserve the new repointing for many years.
- We then water sealed both chimneys with our amazing earth friendly high tech nano weatherproofing
Victoria is Full of Gorgeous Heritage Chimneys
- Preserve your heritage chimney by adding a rain-cap and crown flashing with a good drip edge
- This stops water from entering the structure and deteriorating any further without looking out of place
- Weather proofing the masonry with our earth friendly nano waterseal adds many years of life to the beautiful masonry.
Our Methods keep your Wood Burning System Safe, Save you Money – and at the same time – Pay for themselves by adding a large amount of Curb Appeal!
Before you hire your Neighbour or that ‘Guy from Craigslist’ to do “cheap” after hours repairs:
- Any Chimney work is considered very dangerous and needs to be assessed and completed by Qualified Professionals with Worksafe BC approved Fall Protection Training.
- a homeowner is financially responsible for any injuries to any non WCB insured workers you hire.
We are registered with WorkSafeBC
Note: Any Homeowner who hires untrained tradespeople without WCB coverage are liable for their safety and costs of their claim.
Cracked Chimney Crowns often go Undetected
This is an example of a deteriorated chimney crown with no raincaps or dripedge. Heat in flue liner has expanded flue and cracked the cement that was supposed to divert rain water away, Most chimneys deteriorate like this first, unnoticed by anyone, often for years We do chimney repairs Victoria BC and we have a long distance camera to check chimney tops easily..
Chimney Repairs Victoria BC Area – Costs vs Value
We can almost always do a chimney repair rather than a tear down and rebuild. Our methods are very cost effective and provide a long term solution at approximately one third the cost of rebuilding a chimney.
As well, the curb appeal of the home is generally increased about three times the cost of the Restoration so its a good investment!
Being certified Red Seal bricklayers we of course can do full Chimney rebuilds as well, should the circumstances warrant it and we often will give you both prices.
Stainless Steel Chimneys, Fireplaces and Wood Burning Stoves
We also, Inspect, Service and Install all Types of Metal Chimneys, Chimney Liners and Wood Burning Stove Repairs and Installations.
Our Service Area
We are proud to facilitate chimney repairs Victoria BC in the following locations: Victoria, Esquimalt, Oak Bay, Vic West, View Royal, Saanich, Saanichton, Brentwood, West Saanich, Central Saanich, North Saanich, Sidney
Langford, Colwood, Glen Lake, Bear Mountain, Highlands, Western Communities, Metchosin, Sooke, East Sooke
For further out areas like Shirley, French Beach, Jordan River, Port Renfrew – add mileage and travel time.
Our Local and Distance Consultation, Second Opinion, Pre Inspection Advisory Services
Do you have specific Smoke Problems, Chimney or Wood Burning System questions or Ideas? A quick consultation could save a larger problem down the road…
Local Victoria Area, BC, Canada, US or International Consultations
Dean Brandhagen Chimney Services
45 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973
- Journeyman Carpenter since 1988
- Journeyman Concrete Technician
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional
- Toastmasters Trained Communications Designation
- Worksafe BC, Insured, BBB
- WETT Certified Wood Burning Equipment Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits
- Masonry Chimney and Fireplace Updates, Cleanings Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations
- Annual Chimney Cleaning Service Available
- Chimney Liners, Flashings, Raincaps and Stainless Steel Chimney Repairs and Installations