The Wood Stove Label in Canada
– is attached to each appliance and has an individual serial number for your appliance.
(Special note: Appliances without labels are treated as an “uncertified appliance” which have special clearances and code requirements.)
– Each manufacturer of a wood burning appliance is required to complete extensive testing in an “independent test laboratory” such as Warnock Hersey (or another accredited Lab)
– The Test lab will have determined proper clearances to combustibles and other information for each particular model noted on its wood stove label attached to the appliance.
In Canada -a WETT Inspection for your wood burning stove will determine if the CSA test standard on the appliance wood stove label is a current one or a Canada recognized one – usually wood stoves have to be certified to each particular country’s standards..
A WETT Inspection will also determine who the testing Agency is and whether the appliance is EPA Approved (Environmental Protection Agency)
Most jurisdictions do not allow a non EPA approved stove to be newly installed so be careful when you buy that “bargain online”.
Non EPA stoves do not reburn their smoke properly and are a nuisance in the neighborhood, however if they have been installed already and do meet current Installation codes they sometimes can be approved.
A WETT Inspection cannot and does not certify a particular piece of equipment
Wood stove companies pay thousands of dollars to test labs to get a certification for any given model.
A WETT inspector cannot produce a label for your homebuilt or otherwise older model stoves and units that are missing a wood stove label for any reason.
A WETT inspection will establish whether your system (certified or not) is installed with proper clearances and venting equipment to pass an insurance inspection.
Wood Stove and Chimney Services
WETT Certified Chimney Services
61 Oswego St Victoria BC Canada V8V 2A7
“40 Years Experience” Red Seal Mason Journeyman Bricklayer since 1972
Serving Southern Vancouver Island and Southern Gulf Islands
Victoria, Esquimalt, Oak Bay, Vic West, View Royal
Langford, Colwood, Glen Lake, Bear Mountain, Highlands, Western Communities, Metchosin, Sooke, East Sooke
Saanich, Saanichton, Brentwood, West Saanich, Central Saanich, North Saanich, Sidney
Shirley, French Beach, Jordan River, Port Renfrew,
add mileage and travel time
Distant Consultations, Second Opinions and Pre Inspection Consultations available for $125 minimum up to Half an Hour
Victoria BC’s “Flue Guru”
WETT Certified Chimney Services
45 Years Successful Contracting and Trade Experience
- Local “Owner Operator” Family Business Serving Greater Victoria BC
- Master Tradesman – Interprovincial RedSeal Journeyman Brick Mason since 1973, Journeyman Carpenter since 1988, Journeyman Concrete Technician
- WETT Certified Wood Heat Professional System Advisor, Inspector, Installer and Chimney Sweep
- Licenced – Worksafe BC – Insured – BBB
Talk or Text 1 (250) 418-5110
Annual Inspections and Cleaning
- Since 1 in every 7 House fires is caused by a wood burning appliance – BC Fire Code and most Insurance Companies Require Annual Inspections & Cleanings on Wood Burning Devices.
Our Chimney Sweep Service
- Depending on type of fuel and your burning habits – it may be necessary to clean your chimney more often than annually – but generally an annual sweep and inspection will remove any debris, creosote, critters or bird nests.
- WETT Certified Inspection Reports for Insurance or Building Permits for your Wood Burning Equipment Click to book Starts at $125
- Annual Fireplace Chimney Cleaning Service available – Starts at $125 (Insurance Company Acceptable) Click to book Starts at $125
- Wood Burning Stove and Insert Cleaning- We have specialized tools to protect chimney liners from damages during cleaning. Click to book Starts at $125
- Creosote Deglazing – Sometimes creosote from smoldering fires or wet wood can accumulate in the flue. This needs to be dealt with using different equipment and methods. Contact us for quote
- Note: We Power Sweep your chimney flue with the latest Technology from the inside or the bottom. In 90% of situations it is no longer necessary to go on slippery steep dangerous roofs.
- Building Depressurization Inspection for Draft Issues to determine how your building competes for draft Starts at $125 Book Now
- Draft Inducers for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts for poor drawing basement and outside “cold” chimney installations Contact for quote
- Key Dampers for Installations with too much draft Contact for quote
- Stove Door Gaskets Contact for quote
- Combustion Air Intake Vents Contact for quote
- Chimney Sealing to prevent expensive Heat Loss and water or critter entry Contact for quote
- How to properly light a woodstove or fireplace insert
- How to light your open Wood Burning fireplace
Repairs and Upgrades
- Masonry Chimney & Fireplace Updates – Repointing, Rebuilding, Repairs or Removals Contact for quote
- Chimney top Crown Flashings with Drip Edge – Prevents leaks and erosion – adds years to chimney life
- Wood Stove and Wood Burning Insert Repairs. Cleaning and Installations – Specialized tools to protect chimney liner from damages during cleaning. Click to book service call.
- Wood Stove Heat Shields can reduce Clearances
New Equipment Installations
- EPA Certified Fireplace Inserts Supplied and Installed Starting at $2995.00
- EPA Certified Wood Burning Stove Replacements Supplied and Installed Starting at $1995.00
- Hi Temperature Steel Chimney Installations, Repairs and Replacements Contact for quote
- Chimney Liners
- Raincaps Contact for quote
- Fireplace Top Dampers
Wood Burning Accessories
- Stovepipe or Stove top Thermometers
- Double Wall Stovepipe Thermometers
- Remote Flue Gas Thermometers with Over Fire Alarms
- Firewood Moisture Meters
Visit My Website http://flue.guru